Monday, November 26, 2007

Asking the Tarot for Some Direction

Miss Michele may be the "super-powered" aspect of freelancer Dawn Allcot, but her alter ego feels like she needs some superpowers herself, today, to stay motivated and focused.

The holidays are always stressful, but with a work-related to-do list a mile long, I need to know where to start. (Well, okay, I've been working for two hours, but I haven't gotten any greater focus in that time!)

To the Tarot, Miss Michele:

What project(s) should take top priority today? In what direction should I head?

An odd combination of cards...

The Past shows the Hermit, which certainly relates to my introspective weekend in which I did nothing but recharge and relax.

In the present, the Ten of Cups points to an emphasis on happiness, and family and friends. The focus is on completion of a project. It seems like the emphasis today should be on social activities and marketing rather than writing and copyediting. I must be on the right track, then, as I've already sent out one query. Maybe I should bite the bullet on this sore throat and start lining up interviews!

The future card, the Nine of Swords, seems to indicate I will push my self too hard and wind up even sicker than I am now. So...moderation and rest? I don't have time to rest... I will stubbornly push through, but, heeding the advice of the tarot, only work on what makes me happy at this moment. :)

2 comments:

Kate Boddie said...

Not to usurp your powers of divining, but I have another question that I'd like some clarification on. My job - I'm a temp that's been in the same position for about 7 months and the big guys are dragging their feet about actually hiring me. Proving myself isn't necessary as I've already shown that I want to stay and they want me to stay but getting the people that make these decisions to make a decision is like pulling teeth. As first there was rumbling back in September that some hiring in the department might be done. Now, my boss (not the person I heard the September information from) is saying that some major changes are going to come with the new year. It's what her gut says. I've been holding out and holding out now since August. Not that I have job options knocking down my door to hire me but I haven't really actively looked because I want to stay where I am but being a temp and having crappy insurance is starting to wear on me. So what should I do? Bite the bullet and hold out to the new year or start looking for something else? This is one dilemma I'm pretty lost in because I just don't know how long I should hold out.

I look forward to your reading, Miss Michele! You should open a tip jar or something!

Dawn said...

Ah, Kate! Interesting dilemma. Miss Michele looks forward to giving you some guidance through the Tarot.

I'll have your answers by mid-day tomorrow... I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. I love hearing from you!