Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Boddie's Bind

Boddie writes in:

Not to usurp your powers of divining, but I have another question I'd like some clarification on. My job - I'm a temp that's been in the same position for about 7 months and the big guys are dragging their feet about actually hiring me. Proving myself isn't necessary as I've already shown that I want to stay and they want me to stay but getting the people to make a decision is like pulling teeth.

At first there was rumbling back in September that some hiring in the department might be done. Now, my boss (not the person I heard the September information from) is saying that some major changes are going to come with the new year. It's what her gut says.

I've been holding out since August. Not that I have job options knocking down my door to hire me but I haven't really actively looked because I want to stay where I am but being a temp and having crappy insurance is starting to wear on me.

So what should I do? Bite the bullet and hold out to the new year or start looking for something else?


Boddie, as long as you keep making us laugh over at Finding Boddie, Miss Michele will keep advising. :)

Two major arcana and the Ace of Pentacles-- a card of new beginnings. The answer *appears* to be very clear, but let's investigate.

Two major arcanas mean this is a biggie. And before relying on some little cards for major life decisions, let Miss Michele remind everyone these readings are for "entertainment" only.

The cards send us messages-- and this power is open to anyone who wants to concentrate and learn their meanings-- through the energy of the universe. They can advise, and make us look at situations from different angles, often bringing unseen influences to light. Boddie has some tough decisions ahead of her, but, ultimately, she is the master of her own fate. :)

Card 1: Past, or what led Boddie to her situation: The Lovers...

This "number six" card shows us Boddie has been comfortable, happy, at her current job. In a state of equilibrium, with life just moving along. The Lovers, the card of Choice, says she's made the right decisions recently.

In the Present, at the heart of the matter, is Temperance. This is another card of balance and equilibrium. Could Boddie be bored and ready for a shake-up in her life? Things are going almost TOO well.

Again, this card shows the duality of an either / or choice. (Miss Michele hates when the tarot states the obvious!) These two cards seem to be telling Boddie to stay put... don't shake the boat. Moderation will be the key to success. Intermingling diverse interests will lead to new creations. There may be opportunities on the horizon right here, where you are, Boddie!

Now the third card seems to make more sense. At first glance, the Ace of Pentacles in the Future seemed to indicate a NEW job opportunity. But Temperance and the Lovers seem to point toward keeping the status quo.

The Ace of Pentacles is the card of financial reward, more stability... things are really going to start to go your way. With your finances taken care of and your job secure, you'll be able to focus on your creative pursuits. Hang in there; positive change is on the horizon, and the cards don't seem to indicate that you'll have to hunt it down.

Good luck and, as always, please keep Miss Michele posted on your progress.

3 comments:

Kate Boddie said...

A fair trade, laughs for readings! I'll have to keep it up then! And thanks for the pimp! It's always appreciated!

Thanks for your advice. Like I've said before, I have a pretty strong intuition and it's telling me to stay put. While I have a tendency to doubt it, sometimes I need some reinforcement to tell me that it's ok.

I actually went in for an interview and the job sounded great, it was closer to home but I really didn't want to leave where I was and, honestly, I think the guy sensed that. Even though I was enthusiastic at the interview, I held back a little because I do like where I am.

I definately am bored in my position but it's a double-edged sword at the moment. I've said that I'd like to take on more responsibility but they won't give it until they actually hire me which will be . . . ? Hopefully soon. It certainly will be a sigh of relief once they do offer me a place here.

Sometimes clarification is all one needs. Thanks so much, Miss Michele! As always your reading has been spot on! Thanks again!

Dawn said...

Boddie,
I think that's when tarot readings are strongest--when they are telling us what our intuition already knows.

And, to be honest, the cards were STRONG both times I've done readings for you. There are times when I have to stretch and really think and analyze. Other times, the cards practically *shout* their message. By the time I got to the third card here, I knew what choice would be best for you. It was obvious what the cards were saying.

Maybe I'm revealing too much of the process, but it's interesting that you say that (about your intuition.)

Incidentally, if you are ever feeling ambitious (and have extra cash) I can offer a 10-card Celtic Cross for $10, an astrology reading (for 12 months) for $15, and a half-deck reading to explore your life for $25. I can do that either here in the blog or via email, if you don't want to reveal that much in a public forum.

Kate Boddie said...

I will certainly keep that in mind, Miss Michele, as I'm always looking for a good reader and the people I normally go to only have readings a few times a year. It's always nice to have that clarification, especially when we already know the answer. We all have times of self-doubt and when we need to make a decision and "know" which one we should do, that back-up that we're looking for that a body can't really provides is extremely helpful. Thanks a bunch, hun! I always enjoy your readings and come the new year, I might just pop a few bucks for something more indepth.