Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Multi-Dimensional Reading for Boddie

Kate Boddie says:

I've always been rather scattered, hopping from project to project. While it's all in the same realm, I never really finished anything major.

As of late, things have been starting to fall into place, albeit slowly and I wanted to know if I've finally found my track.

Am I headed down the right path? Are my aspirations where they should be?



Miss Michele has a confession.

She sat down to do your reading last night, and the Tower fell out of the deck. Thinking this had no relation to your question—and realizing that Miss Michele was quite tired—she put the cards away to do the reading in the morning.

She shuffled and concentrated, focusing and meditating. And chose the Tower. She continued with a five card reading with the Tower as the first card.

The Tower in the Past shows a complete collapse of your old way of life, some catastrophe or upheaval that made you begin anew. Boddie, the disarray and chaos is behind you now.

But whatever it was, Wow! It sure woke you up to get focused and find your path!

The Four of Wands in the Present position shows that, after your tumultuous past, you’ve found refuge, a well-deserved rest. You’re laying the foundation for successful creative pursuits. You’re enjoying the fruits of your labors and resting before you embark on phase two of your project.

The Unconscious Influences behind your decision—card 3 in your reading—shows the Wheel of Fortune. You have a huge yearning for success—monetary and emotional/spiritual. Your desire for it will make it so. Deep down, you are more confident than you realize! Once again, this card shows massive life changes, the end of a phase and start of a new one. You are always on the go, girl—change, change, change, turn, turn, turn!

The Tarot offers Advice in the form of the Three of Wands, the fourth card in this spread. The suite of Wands show creative and entrepreneurial spirit. Though not quite as “active” as Swords, which are sure harbingers of change and tumult, the Wands show lots of action in the thought realm. These are the cards of “ideas,” the beginning of a new project.

The advice offered in the Three of Wands is to “go for it;” you are on the right track in your new creative venture. Business will move forward swiftly. Keep an eye on your goals. Publicize yourself. If a mentor should cross your path, take their advice and rely on their assistance. The emphasis is on cooperation— you don’t have to go it alone.

Miss Michele drew a *very* curious card signifying the Possible Outcome. The Ten of Swords indicates a need for rest, the death of an illusion, plans not working out. Everything will be going well and then, bam, out of nowhere… deception from a business colleague leaves you starting back at square one. This could also indicate (likely!) burnout after working full throttle on a project. Miss Michele warns Boddie to pace herself, tread carefully as your venture reaches its culmination. There is more work ahead. Take a break and look at the situation with fresh eyes after a much-needed rest.

After all, that’s what’s happened in your past projects… burn-out, being unable to run the full course.

Not wanting to end on this sour note, Miss Michele asked the Tarot:

What is Boddie’s Best Course of Action to prevent this Outcome?

The Seven of Wands gives us the answer: Hold firm against the opposition, fight for your ideals and stand your ground. It will take courage. You will feel like giving up. Don’t!
You are on the right track!

And feel free to come to Miss Michele for guidance throughout your journey.

Keep those questions coming, everyone!  Readings are FREE for the rest of 2007!

4 comments:

Kate Boddie said...

I'm a dream reader myself (moreso than any other utility as I haven't trained in anything else, well, I haven't trained in dream-reading either but I can do it) and even though I'm capable of utilizing intangible information and applying it to others, I can't help but be skeptical, especially of readers whom I don't know or haven't had a recommendation of. But I know when I've gone right when multiple, unrelated readers give me some of the same information of which you have done. I shall be coming back to you, that's for sure!

What I'm getting as is the confidence aspect of the reading. I am a human conundrum in that I am severely lacking in self-confidence yet I hold myself so that is hidden. I have been told by numerous readers to have more faith in myself and to listen to myself because that's what'll get me going down the road. I can do it, I just need to trust that I can.

This idea that I have for a new book was what I had in mind when asking my questions. I think it has more potential than even I could fathom but as we are all our own worst editors, that nagging voice in my head, before I have anything written down, is telling me it's going to end up lame. The thing is, I know it's not. I KNOW it's good and I KNOW it's going to work and I KNOW I need to get over that bitch of a self doubt. Man, is she annoying. I'm certainly all about pacing (procrastinating?) so hopefully I can dodge that burnout.

Thank you so much, Miss Michele, for your excellent reading! You have me wanting to come back for for which I might do before the year is up! I appreciate what you'd done so much and I can't thank you enough!

PS--I'm so pimping you on my blog!

Dawn said...

Awesome, Boddie! Thanks so much! I must admit, I had a bit of a hard time making sense of the reading at first--your dichotomy of a personality was showing up and I wasn't sure what to make of it.

It also could be that, what I've "known" of you in your blog, you come across as very self-confident. My cards were telling me things I didn't know about you consciously. I had to open myself to hear them.

It seems that you're saying the battle, and the deception, symbolized by the Seven of Swords, is actually yourself. You are your own worst enemy.

And don't be so sure about "pacing" yourself being easy once you get started--once you get a kickstart on this project, you may just go like a house afire, with more speed and zeal than you've ever experienced before.

For someone used to bouncing between various projects (and this is speaking from experience now) that can certainly lead to feeling like quitting in that hard part JUST before you achieve ultimate success.

I'm so happy you were happy with the reading, and will spread the word, btw! Thanks!!

Kate Boddie said...

Crapweasels. I could have sworn that I replied to your reply but my memory sucks so I don't have a clear thought of actually doing it. Hence the reason why I write everything down. It helps.

A lot of people are very surprised when they find out how low my self-esteem actually is because I hold myself with such a demeanor that my body often states the exact opposite. I'm also rather outspoken and not afraid to speak my mind which leads to other people's perceived self confidence in me. I guess it's something that I internalize, a constant self doubt because I don't get it externally but I just have this nagging voice negating what I'm doing. I am my own worst enemy in that respect but getting into a slap fight with myself my seem a little odd to outsiders so I'll have to stick with mentally convincing myself that I can, and I will which I have been trying to do for the past few months.

But I am certainly on the path with my project, as you read in my blog. I've started collecting some research books and I need to make my way down to Coney Island relatively soon although I'd rather not go in the winter. It's not exactly the safest place in the off-season but I do have a friend in Williamsburg and I want to get down there before Bloomberg sets the builders on the place. I'm actually very excited for the work because the pieces are starting to fall into place and it's definately going to end up being multiple books. Here's hoping!

Again, thanks so much for the reading. I'm sure I'll come at you again before the end of the year with another question!

Anonymous said...

Not sure if this is the right place to post a question, but I’d love a reading. I’m going through a really, really difficult time in my life. I’m pretty much alone in the world and that’s because I feel so insignificant that I push everybody away before they find out how “nothing” I am. I had a boyfriend for about a year and a half and he broke up with me over the phone with these exact words “you are nothing and I don’t want that around me.” So obviously I’m not the only one thinking so. I’m emotionally exhausted and I’m honestly losing hope that anything will ever be better. I really want somebody to share my life with and if that’s not coming, I might as well give up hope now than keep waiting. So, where is he?