Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Will Diana Find Romance?

Diana asks a question of Miss Michele, about the potential for romance in her life:

Not sure if this is the right place to post a question, but I’d love a reading. I’m going through a really, really difficult time in my life. I’m pretty much alone in the world and that’s because I feel so insignificant that I push everybody away before they find out how “nothing” I am. I had a boyfriend for about a year and a half and he broke up with me over the phone with these exact words “you are nothing and I don’t want that around me.” So obviously I’m not the only one thinking so. I’m emotionally exhausted and I’m honestly losing hope that anything will ever be better. I really want somebody to share my life with and if that’s not coming, I might as well give up hope now than keep waiting. So, where is he?

Before looking at the tarot, Miss Michele would like to say, your ex-boyfriend's comments are a reflection of himself, not of you, Diana. He broke up with you over the phone. He's a coward.

Before we begin this reading--and Miss Michele can practically feel your pain and hurting through the computer screen it is so tangible--Miss Michele would like to remind you these readings are for entertainment purposes only. And, regardless of what the tarot says, never give up your dreams.

That old cliche is true: Before you can love open yourself up to love, you have to love yourself.

While the future is never set in stone, our fates not determined, the Tarot can provide valuable insight and guidance into many situations. For this reason, Miss Michele has opted for a five-card spread, in which we can explore Hidden Influences and the Tarot's advice to Diana.

The card in the past, the Nine of Swords, clearly shows the pain Diana is feeling right now. A majority of swords in the reading (three of them!) symbolize, in this case, not a period of rapid change, but literal, emotional pain and suffering. The Swords are cold cards, unemotional, analytical, and show Diana closed off to any love.

However, the Hidden Influence and Advice cards, in the third and fourth positions (if I may jump ahead) show an emphasis on love and spirituality.

Going back to the first card, the Nine of Swords is often called the Nightmare card. It shows despair, guilt, self-blame... need I say more? Miss Michele doesn't know exactly what happened, but some outside influences have taken away every shred of self-esteem Diana may once have had.

After such hurt, Diana has closed herself off--exemplified by the Queen of Swords in the present position. Miss Michele has no doubt this card represents Diana. A sharp-witted, intelligent, independent woman who stands alone. Yes, I said sharp-witted, intelligent and independent! That is hardly "nothing." However, by closing yourself off, emotionally, to avoid pain, you've also closed yourself off from the positive emotions--love, friendship, caring.

Now we get back to our third card, Hidden Influences... The only masculine card in this reading, the King of Cups represents the other side of Diana: caring, empathy and friendship. It could also indicate that a wise, older man will figure prominently to help you through these hard times--possibly even a male therapist. You don't realize it now, but help is on the horizon. You will either help yourself or seek assistance.

The "Advice" card, the Star, represents all things spiritual, the occult, intuition, and inner wisdom. The only major arcana in this reading, this card shows, literally, a light at the end of the tunnel. BUT you have to reach out and grasp it. This is a card of hope, promise and joy. The advice the tarot is offering is don't give up hope, keep looking, but, more importantly, open yourself up to love.

The Possible Outcome card, the Eight of Swords (back to those tumultuous swords) represents feeling trapped or oppressed. After the optimistic King of Cups and Star, this seems out of place.

However, viewed as a whole, this reading represents the inner battle going on within
Diana. She wants love, but keeps pushing people away. Diana, you are oppressing yourself. You feel limited by your own capabilities (or lack thereof, as you believe), and the only way you will meet someone and form a lasting relationship is to break those self-imposed bonds. The struggle isn't over yet. The Star card indicates there is hope and lots of potential for happiness. The King of Cups figures as the help you need--all you have to do is accept it. But it's not going to come to you until you break free of those restrictive thoughts that "you are nothing" and realize you are truly *somebody* with a lot to offer this world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. That outside event that shattered my life happened many years ago, when I was still a child. I was verbally and physically abused by my father for years, and while the physical scars are long gone, the emotional ones are still with me. He was the one who all the time repeated that I was nothing (I was barely 9 or 10 at the time and his words were a lot stronger than that) and in the end, of course, I believed him. I guess my feeling has always been that if not even my father could love me, then why would anybody else? And yes, I'm an independent woman. I took off from home and made my life alone. I put myself through college. I landed a job teaching ESL overseas. I've survived a lot of things. Somehow, it feels like nothing. Of course I don't love myself --I don't even like myself. I want to believe there's a light at the end of the tunnel. It's just so dark in my life right now that maybe I'm failing to see anything. Thanks so much for the reading.

Dawn said...

Diana,
There is *help* for you. Remember that fourth card could symbolize outside help... a friend, a mentor, a therapist.

They can help you see what you really have to offer this world.

For what it's worth, I admire that you had the nerve to leave home, put yourself through college AND go overseas to teach ESL. You are making a huge difference in this world to many, many people. I would never have the patience for that kind of job... I really think it's wonderful! :)

Joanna Sandsmark said...

I'd love to get a reading. I want to know if what I'm doing now is going to get my professional life back on track or am I driving down a blind alley headed for more disappointment? It's been a rough year.